In general, we use the personal information that we collect from you:
- to process data
- to make you aware of content and services associated with the service
Note: This policy applies only to the IPWFI website and not to the web sites of other companies, individuals or organisations to which we provide links.
By use of this website, you signify your consent to our collection and use of this information. Should we elect for any reason to change our policy, we will notify you of those changes here, so that you are always kept informed of how we may collect, use or disclose the information.
Note: The information that you submit may be transferred outside the European Economic Area for processing by IPWFI and its associated companies. By providing personal information on the website, you consent to this transfer. (Data may only be transferred to countries with the same or similar standards in data protection as our own)
In order to receive details of products and services that might interest you, you consent to your personal information being made available to third parties (who may be located outside the European Economic Area). We will try to ensure that any details sent to you under this arrangement are relevant. By submitting your personal details to us you consent to this. If you do not wish to receive this third party information, please click here to access your registration details and subscribe to privacy 1.
Due to our large customer base, we will often be able to secure special offers and exclusive deals on your behalf. In order to benefit from these deals you consent to us sending you information on such deals where we feel they are likely to be appropriate or relevant to you.
As part of our customer services, we will send you a periodic e-mail newsletter with information about improvements to our service, new features, special offers and competitions. If you wish to stop receiving the newsletter click here to access your registration details and unsubscribe.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
'Please note that with effect from 1 January 2001 the Website has been operated by FairTrades Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of HomePro Ltd, under license. From this date, any data provided by You to will also be held by Fair Trades Ltd.' For clarity the word HomePro within this document will relate to both HomePro Ltd and FairTrades Ltd.
1. (a) When a trade professional registers with us, he or she is required to enter the following data, as a minimum: email address.
3. We use information collected about you to tailor your use of our web site to your specific requirements and to recommend relevant goods or services to you. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our website, which helps to ensure that our sites are as useful and enjoyable as possible.
4. If you enter a contest or promotion, we will ask for your name, address and email address, so that we can administer the contest and inform the winners.
5. IPWFI may provide aggregate statistics about our services, users, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
6. IPWFI reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
Protection of your Personal Information
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and in order to comply with the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998. This means that we may sometimes ask for proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
Customer Feedback and Complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues, and about the design of our website. Should you have such comments or have a complaint about how we are using your personal data, please contact us.